Topic Selection Guidelines
Topic selection is a huge part of this community. This is the place where the community can get together and pick topics of which they would
like to shoot photos on.
How it works
- Topics are selected for the week after next. This allows the community one week to go out and shoot a photo in preparation for the contest week.
- When suggesting topics, you are only allowed to use alpanumeric characters as well as dashes.
- You are allowed to use a total of 3 boosts on topic selection.
- Only one boost is allowed per topic.
- A topic suggestion counts as one boost.
- First topic to 30 boosts or the top boosted topic at the end of the week will become that week's topic.
- All inappropriate topics are subject to removal at the administrator's discretion.
- Don't suggest repeated topics unless the topic was roughly over 3 months ago. The last 12 topics are immediately visible on the Upcoming page.
- Don't suggest any topic that is too narrow. We have a worldwide community of photographers and not everyone will have access to say the "tundra" or "desert."
Although not always easy, try and suggest topics that is universal to everyone.