How to Boost
Boosting is very easy. Just look for the green arrow and click on it to boost a topic or photo!
You can obtain boosts by:
- Signing up (+5)
- Connecting your facebook account (+5)
- For each day that you log in. Each new day is midnight EST. (+1)
You may check out where you're getting your boosts from and what you're using it on by visiting the boost breakdown page.
- Once you use your boost, you cannot get it back. The only exception to this is if a photo you've boosted was removed by the submitter.
Commenting and Critiqueing is a huge part of this community. With that said there are some considerations that you should be mindful of when making said comments:
- The GPR Golden Rule: If you don't like it, don't boost it, and move on.
- Photography is a highly subjective art. Be open to how a submitter has interpreted the topic at hand.
- When giving a negative critique, it is generally advisable that you sandwich it between something that is good.
- Don't be nasty. Be constructive.
- Here is a GREAT resource on critiquing photos: http://www.pixiq.com/article/doing-a-photo-critique
Vote fraud, in the form of colluding with others, or creating more accounts to vote for yourself will be not be tolerated on this website. By committing vote fraud, you are doing a disservice to the good spirit of the community as well as your own personal integrity. Photo entries will be banned as well as accounts.